Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The elf fantasy U-Museum


Dear visitors,

Welcome to the mysterious fantasy museum " The Elfish Castle". Being the founder of the museum, it is my pleasure to give you a brief introduction to this confusing maze you are about to enter.
Instructions:
Please don't bring in your food or drinks into the galleries, except some specific rooms.
Talking is fine, but no gossiping.
Do not touch anything without permission, it will hurt the heart of the museum.
No littering.
No swearing.

*cough* As you can tell, I am a complicated and picky person. Are the instructions too sophisticated to follow? Wait till you enter the galleries...


Transport(optional):
In consideration with the long journey you will be encountering, a movable chair will transport you to many different places in the gallery. It includes a call service function, a GPS, and an audio tourist guide.

Enjoy your trip!
"At fiRst Sight"

My mind is a sophisticated mixture of dilemma. One appears in too many sides. There are so many galleries that even I lost count, sometimes. So I will just name a few distinctive attractions to you. The very first place you will all enter is the gallery called "At fiRst Sight". The most welcoming, generous, articulated, and artistic side that everyone is able to visual on the surface.
Yet, its majestic sensation and taste sometimes impress people too much that they feel distant.

"The tiny dooR"
This is a tiny room you will soon enter after the majestic gallery. The proportion of the entrance just fits a normal person's height.(On the surface, I might give you a cold impression, but I really want to get close to anyone I know)Before you enter the room, you will have to walk through a long and narrow hallway that cushioned with comfy stuffed toys. Hope that loose you tension a bit!
Guess what comes next...

a tRopical ResoRt!

As long as my friends are happy, and they enjoy my company, I feel content and delight.
I always hope that my presence provides them a place to relax, enjoy, and laugh.

The entry to the maze

My innermost mind empowers the most sophisticated side. It is your pick to go which way. One room is a bright happy wonderland with green patches running across the plain; colorful rainbows sparkles on the sky; sweet flowers of different seasons blooming in all directions...An optimistic heaven.
In contrast, there's a room that is always dark and gloomy. Weeds, and thorns grow out from the moldy walls. Blood drips from the ceiling...It is the "pessimistic haunted house".
I am passionate about almost everything I am in love with: music, people, drawing, architect, biology, nature, fashion, lifestyle, design, philosophy, reading, talking, photography...
The collection of my passion is infinite. It is a room full of doors, just like a classic library with countless categories and collections...
Once you enter the gallery, you will see numerous doors vertically stack on one another
(just as picture shown)that lead you to different dimensions of me.
Before you are too exhausted to stay any longer, there is the "daRk Room" you are mandate to enter. It is a place where you cannot see yourself; a place you cannot distinguish the color of the sky; a place you cannot feel your emotion nor senses; a place you will stop and think a lot; a place to hide yourself... a place you are still alive.
The dark room is an important place in my life. I enjoy staying in the dark, but I am also trying to escape from it. It is a part I want to share to my friends yet no one understands.


It sounds overwhelming and bizarre to imagine that all the contradictions, and multiple blocks all fit into one person. But yes, this is me. I am not expecting any visitors to understand everything at once, or to scare you away. Instead, here I open mysterious self to you, and hope you will return one day to discover more treasures in this precious place.


Welcome to my home :)


Sincerely,
Elfina
founder of the museum


2 comments:

Ika-sama said...

Wow, you did a really good job! I liked the photos you chose too; they illustrated your ideas very nicely.

Scott Lankford said...

25 points. Haha typical of you, Elfina, your museum is well-designed and quite visual! I want a ride in the automatic chair (but can I steer it or is it like a ride at Disneyland)? For purposes of the assignment, I wish you had been more specific/detailed about intellectual passions. For example, you mention music but say little/nothing about it -- or about design. So this museum-goer would like more more more detail.